Monday, September 10, 2012

Emulating Einstein

Read this original post in its entirety HERE.
I have seen many pictures like this one posted on Facebook with some quote or words of wisdom attributed to Albert Einstein.  Many times these nuggets of wisdom can never be linked back to Einstein.  Obviously Einstein was….well….us an Einstein!  Not only was his intellect off the chart, but it also seemed he was tapped into the more emo parts of himself and the human experience.
So back to the 10 points in the picture above.  Not sure if these do come from Einstein or not, but they are pretty good no matter where they come from.  They definitely rang a chord with me as I work to create an ideal life for myself.  A quick break-down on each one:
1.  Follow Your Curiosity:  Over the past year I have become more and more curious about how certain people have been able to create exactly the life they seek.  What are their common characteristics?  I have def learned to leave all pre-conceptions behind and allow my natural curiosity to lead me where it may.  Along the way I have met some amazing people and unexpected adventures.
2.  Perseverence is Priceless:  I know this to be true in running as well as in my previous business life.  I have been re-applying a tenacious mindset to all areas of my life.  Especially the ones I seek to change or have evolve to the ideal I seek.  Relentless forward progress is a mantra I use when things get tough on a long run.  It can be applied to any scenario.
3.  Focus on the Present:  Get done today what you can do now.  Even the smallest steps and actions towards your goals can initiate huge momentum forward. It all adds up.  You never know what will be your break through action.
4.  The Imagination is Powerful:  I think about daring to dream big.  We become what we think about.  We only use 5% of our brain power each day on conscious thought.  The other 95% is controlled by our subconscious.  The more we image, dream , or plot out what we want our ideal future to look like the more our subconscious will work it out and move us in that direction.  This is why it is so important to not hang out with negative people.  These are the ones who have surrendered their dreams and will try and talk you out of yours.
5.  Make Mistakes:  Everyone knows how many times Abe Lincoln failed in his life before becoming President.  Thomas Edison.  The reality is there is no such thing as an over night success story.  Almost always it involves years of efforts with multiple failures.  The ones that overcame their fear of failure are the ones that dared mightily and applied all the elements on this list to create something amazing.  Fail gloriously!
6.  Live in the Moment: I am really good at this one.  Be present.  Drink deeply this day.   Leave the troubles and mistakes of the past far behind you.  Be present.  None of us are promised tomorrow.  Appreciate and connect with the people, places, and experiences right before you in this moment.
My favorite pic of Albert.
7.  Create Value:  If what you are doing is meaningful and important to you, the odds are someone else will see the value in that pursuit, result, etc as well.  100% belief and commitment in what you do usually results in tremendous quality.  Quality of experience.  Quality of communication.  Quality of product.  Quality of result.
8.  Don’t Expect Different Results:  We have all heard this definition of insanity:  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  You have to be willing to have an action orientation, not be afraid to fail, and then be willing to change the way you play the game to gain the result you seek.  It does not always involve working harder.  Most of the time it involves working smarter or taking a different approach.  Do not be afraid to change and to get outside your comfort zone.
9.  Knowledge Comes From Experience:  This is especially true from our experiences that resulted in failure.  New wisdom and perspective is gained from all of our experiences.  I especially like to pick the brain of people with much more experience than I have.  Don’t let the fear of failure keep you from embracing new experiences.  It may be the game-changing experience that gives you the knowledge, perspective, and confidence to break through!
10.  Learn the Rules and Play them Better:  This one is where I am working diligently right now as I blaze some new trails for myself to create the exact, ideal life I seek.  I am actually applying everyone of these principles in this part of my journey.  This is a new game I am playing.  I am fortunate to be connecting with people who know how to play this game very well.  No need to reinvent the wheel, especially when this when is turning very quickly and producing amazing results.
This entry was posted in Empower Network

No comments: